Up until I accepted God’s love I really had no criteria of who qualifies to have access to my heart, mind and soul. I was foolish.
I now realise how much pain I exposed myself to for letting people who just meant no good into my life.
What I have learned though is that once your source of love is God, you just never run out no matter how much people take from you. However, we need to guard our hearts and be able to discern the spirit behind the people we allow into our lives. Heartbreaks are exhausting as we get older😃
So this is what I did:
1. I started to create boundaries
2. I started to find peace and joy in my own company. HUGE difference between being alone and lonely.
3. I started to value myself and my God-given gifts
4. I started to believe that God loves me and that nothing can separate me from His love
5. I started setting criteria for who could be a part of what in my life. Some people are seasonal and some are perennial. Be wise to discern lest you end up investing yourself foolishly!
What criteria have you set for people to have access to your heart, mind and soul?